Orphans from the Storm

Orphans from the Storm
This photo was taken in 1905 when my mother, pictured, was 2-years-old. She is with her brother Bruce.


Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kitchel Family Photo

Do not know if this was taken in Arkansas or Alta Loma. I am going to make a wild guess at who some of the people are.



After reading "Settlements on the Prairie" by my cousin Jean Hurt Thomas, I think the people in the front row setting on the edge of the porch are, Charles J Kitchel, probably his wife, Bertha Kitchel Wilson (my grandmother), Jennie Irene Kitchel Platzer, Clifton R Platzer, and possibly Willard Barnes Kitchel. I am guessing on Willard B Kitchel, but on page 90 of "Settlements on the Prairie" there is a picture of him and this picture looks pretty close.

My mother Jennie Salome Wilson is the child in front of Bertha Kitchel Wilson and my Grandfather Roderick D Wilson is the man standing in back second from the left. Also a guess, the woman sitting in a chair may be Mary Kitchel, Willard's wife and Mother of Charlie, Bertha, and Jennie. Willard B Kitchel was Postmaster of Alta Loma at the time of the picture.

If anyone know who the other people in the pictures are, please contact me. Email Address in the Sidebar.

3 comments:

  1. Is this Alta Loma, Ca? Just wondering. I'm from the area and have family history near there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, it is or was Alta Loma, Texas. It is incorporated with a couple other towns in the area and called Santa Fe, Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, ok, thanks for the reply!

    ReplyDelete