Orphans from the Storm

Orphans from the Storm
This photo was taken in 1905 when my mother, pictured, was 2-years-old. She is with her brother Bruce.


Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Alta Loma, Texas

The back of the picture below says, "Sally and John's courting days and Hazel in front of Hurt house." The first three of these pictures are taken at the Hurt house in Alta Loma. Alta Loma has since been incorporated with several other small towns and is called Santa Fe. There is more information on this house in Settlements on the Prairie by Jean Hurt Thomas.



This is my dad, John A Pearson and Hazel Hurt, my mother's neice.



Below is my mother, Jennie Salome Wilson, and her niece Hazel Hurt.



The inscription on the back of this picture reads, "Lara Chesser and Bertha Wilson wearing costumes worn at a masquerade and dance." These folks were Baptists and it is the 1930's so I doubt this is a dance in the sense we would think today.



This last picture is of Nana, my grandmother, Bertha Kitchel Wilson, and her Son Bruce's Kids. They are Bruce Jr. and Betty Gayle. I think this is taken in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment