Orphans from the Storm

Orphans from the Storm
This photo was taken in 1905 when my mother, pictured, was 2-years-old. She is with her brother Bruce.


Thursday, June 03, 2010

Happy Aniversary Mom and Dad

Today is the anniversary of my parents wedding. They were married June 3, 1930.

The Wedding Picture.

These Pictures are at my mother's cousin Catherine Kitchel's apartment. That apartment still stands on Montrose across from the Plaza Hotel. It is a shop now. Mother had lived there while she and Dad dated. She worked for Dr. Dixon as a nurse and Radiologist.



Off to their Honeymoon.





It is my understanding that my Aunt Geneva, who married my Dad's Brother George also worked in that office. Apparently, as told top by Uncle George, he had met this woman he wanted to go on a date with and asked her to find a date for my Dad so they could double. After the Date, Uncle George asked my Dad how he liked hos date. Dad said it was OK. Uncle George then asked if my Dad would mind if he asked out my Dad's date because he rather liked her. Dad said that was fine because he rather liked George's date. Mom was George's date and Aunt Geneva was my Dad's date that George preferred. So we see the 27-year-old newly weds as they begin their honeymoon. It is also just after the 1929 stock market crash and the early days of the Great Depression. But on this day they are smiling and looking forward to a happy life together. They remained married until my father's death in 1966for almost 36 years, and in my mother's mind the 37 years she lived after his death. They remained married until my father's death in 1966. My mother never remarried. She had many offers of marriage but she always said that she was still married to John A Pearson.

No comments:

Post a Comment