Orphans from the Storm

Orphans from the Storm
This photo was taken in 1905 when my mother, pictured, was 2-years-old. She is with her brother Bruce.


Monday, October 05, 2015

A very good place to start.





I digress.  In preparing to present my collection of the past, what impresses me the most is the concept of Family.

What is a Family?  Is it the people who live in a home that are genetically related? Does it include those who came before?

When I as an individual look to who I am, is it all internal chemistry or is there some other force that extends down throughout time so that who we are is who we were.

I am shaped by My parents as they were shaped by their parents.  For me this helps me deal with my work to honor a lineage that I am part if not by blood or genetic material but by Love. It also shapes the need to pass this on.

Family is important the context of the immediate family as well as the context of the Universal family. 

I wish to point out that the record of the New Covenant between God and His people begins, "The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham."  Those who wanted us to know about the New Covenant saw a need to link the present, the New, with the past. 


The eternal family is just as important to us as is the cellular family. 


I speak of my connection to the Kitchell
Family with full knowledge that my genes would not match the genes of the Kitchell, but that all of our genes are part of a common set of genes. 

I recently was in the Hospital and had to explain my current family.  The Hospital wanted justification for who was to be allowed in to see me. I have no family that is legal but I have a family.  I have a son who is adopted by love.  He is not legally adopted as I was, but he is none the less my son and with his mother we are a family.  So my explanation was that there were two people that I wanted to be able to see me no matter what and they were and are, my Son and the Mother of my Son.  That is not a connection by genes for me, it is a connection by Love and that Covenant that I talked about above creates a Family by Love.

What follows is a documentation of pone part of my family by Love.




Jennie Salome Wilson Pearson and me, Roy Edward Pearson

My connection to the Kitchel lineage is my Mother, Jennie Salome Wilson Pearson.  Her mother, Bertha Adelia Kitchel Wilson, connects us into a lineage that goes back over 1400 years.  Now I will tell you at this point that there are some glaring errors in this lineage but not ones that invalidate the who but the what, 

I present three lineages.  Two are copies of each other and one presents a variation that takes a different road to the same place.  As near as I can as a layman, this lineage fits with my meager knowledge of history ( and I am a follower of British History).

So I present first the First lineage of which I was aware.  One of my Mother's Generation Cousins, James Roderick Kitchel had applied to join the Magna Carta Society in England.  This was similar to our Daughters of the American Revolution.  To be a member of this Society one had to be descended from a signer of the Magna Carta.  So Cousin Roderick had a Lineage done for him.

I am naturally a skeptic, and at this point of hearing this story, I said to myself, "right he is paying a lot of money to have his lineage researched so he can join a British Society that he has to pay to get into , after the lineage certifies him" .  After looking at the Lineage I just figured that he was being taken in as a joke, because hos link was the humiliated Royal that got the absolute rights of King to rule diminished by a bunch of Counts and Noblemen. 

However, that was back in 1987 before everything was all over the Internet.  I began to do some research of my own and found that the lineage could very well be correct. 

So that is my story, here are the copies of the lineage.  First Cousin Roderick's, then a lineage of some relative of my Great Grand Mother Mary Norris Kitchel the mother to Bertha Adelia Kitchel Wilson, and then a hand written copy of the lineage written by my Mother.

















The next lineage I have no idea who compiled this.  They documented everything else
just not the author.   It is probable one of Hazel's  family as there is this separate lineage.  Zilpha is my mother's sister.   I do not remember ever meeting Zilpha.  I remember that she was very sick with Cancer. 









 Hazel



The following is was written by my mother.









Well that is it for now




No comments:

Post a Comment